The Together We Can Foundation, Inc. (TWC) is committed to safeguarding the personal information entrusted to us by our donors and volunteers. This policy explains the practices and principles adopted by TWC to safeguard the personal information of our donors. A copy of this policy is available through our Web site (www.twcfoundation.org) and upon request.
Personal Information. We collect various details regarding our individual donors and volunteers, in order to effectively manage our organization, fulfill our mission, and provide receipts for charitable contribution deductions. This information may include name, address, phone number, age, sex, marital status, financial information, educational history, etc.
- Personal Information. We collect various details regarding our individual donors and volunteers, in order to effectively manage our organization, fulfill our mission, and provide receipts for charitable contribution deductions. This information may include name, address, phone number, age, sex, marital status, financial information, educational history, etc.
- Consent.We ask for consent to collect, use or disclose client personal information, except in circumstances where collection, use or disclosure is authorized or required by law. We assume your consent to continue to use and, where applicable, disclose personal information that we have already collected, for the purpose for which the information was collected.
- Use & Disclosure.We do not disclose personal information to third parties for any purpose, unless required by law or as part of our partnership with and responsibility to the human services agencies of Hampton Roads in order to maintain the safety and well-being of youth in foster care. We use personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguarding Personal Information.We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We protect personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity of the information. We use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
- Access.Every donor and volunteer has the right to access his or her own personal information in a record that is in the custody or control of TWC. If for some reason, we must deny access to personal information (e.g., if the record contains personal information of another individual), we will provide the reasons for the refusal. You may make a request for access to your personal information by writing to our Executive Director at the address below. Please provide sufficient information in your request to allow us to identify the information you seek. We will respond within 21 calendar days. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide information.
- Questions & Complaints.If you have any questions or concerns about the collection, use or disclosure of personal information by TWC, please contact our Executive Director at the following location:
- Together We Can Foundation, Inc.
5101 Cleveland St. Suite 305
Virginia Beach, VA 23462